Speed is widely considered one of the most important factors in the success or otherwise of a website. It applies whether it is a news website, entertainment website and even more so where it is an e-commerce website. A fast website performance is directly proportional to the success of a website – all other things being equal.
The strongest technical factor that affects the performance of a website is latency. Latency is largely influenced by the physical distance between the server hosting the website and the location of the website user.
Latency is the time interval between the sending of a request and the reception of the result.
Typically, websites hosted in the same country as its users tend to offer an excellent user experience considering the latency is usually very low for the users in that country. Websites that respond very fast to requests tend to convert more users into buyers in the context of e-commerce, or keep more returning readers in the context is of a news website.
In essence, local hosting plays a significant role in the success of an SME’s e-commerce effort.
Web4Africa, a leading Pan-African Web Hosting firm offers various local hosting solutions across 7 data centres in 6 countries across the globe.
The company offers Managed and Self-Managed Virtual Server Hosting in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana.
Dedicated Server Hosting is available from South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.
The locations are carefully chosen to offer the best in class solutions from across the world.
- the South Africa location is excellent for southern Africa with most IP networks in countries including South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lesotho, Swaziland, and Mauritius.
- the Kenya location is excellent for targeting Eastern Africa including countries like Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi.
- the Nigeria location is great for targeting users in Nigeria.
- there couldn’t be a better choice for targeting users in Ghana than the Ghana location.
- the USA location is on the east coast of the United States and thus offers excellent connectivity to users in USA, Canada, the Caribbean, South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- the European location is in central Europe and thus offers excellent connectivity to the whole of Europe.