Virtual Server HostingLinux or Windows
Power your web site or web applications with our fast & powerful Virtual Private Servers (VPS). Our VPS Hosting service is a combination of the best hardware and powered by the most efficient software to make your website run effortlessly.
running CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu or Windows Server OS during the order process.
VPS Prices & Plans
Local Servers. Global Standards.
Web4Africa is a pan-African Web Hosting firm with presence with data centres across Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. We are thus able to offer super-fast Virtual Servers from within each of these African countries. You have the option of choosing to locate your Virtual Private Server in any of the 3 locations during the order process. Hosting locally offers multiple benefits including guaranteeing data sovereignty as well as super-fast network access due to the ultra-low latency. What is more? Web4Africa is directly connected to the Internet Exchange Point of Nigeria (IXPN) in Lagos, Johannesburg Internet Exchange as well as NAP Africa Johannesburg. We also have access to the Kenya Internet Exchange Point (KIXP) and Ghana Internet Exchange (GIXA) through our transit providers in Kenya and Ghana respectively.
With a strong presence spread across, we are able to deliver your web traffic to your African audience with the lowest latency possible based on our IPv4 and IPv6 transit and peering relations with multiple carriers and internet exchange points.
You can reach most of Southern Africa directly from our data centre presence in Johannesburg South Africa. Being the hub of IP connectivity in the sub-region, we are able to reach most networks directly from two of Africa’s largest IXPs: NAP Africa (Johannesburg) and Johannesburg Internet Exchange (JINX).
We can reach networks across South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Eswatini (Swaziland), Lesotho, Zambia with latency ranging from 5 ms (within Johannesburg) to ~40ms (for Zambia).
Much of East Africa is accessible directly from our data centre presence in Nairobi Kenya. We make use of a world-class African transit provider in the East African city that offers us direct access to Kenya Internet Exchange Point (KIXP) and most of the biggest IP carriers available in East Africa.
We can reach IP networks in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi directly.
Our presence in Africa’s most populous country gives you access to a lot of eyeballs. We exchange internet traffic openly on the Internet Exchange Point of Nigeria (IXPN Lagos) and are able to reach all Nigerian networks that are present on the IXP directly.
Our highest latency within Nigeria is just 20 ms. Some IP networks in neighbouring countries are also reachable directly from our Lagos data centre presence.
We are present in Ghana’s most connected data centre located in the centre of Ghana’s capital, Accra. We have partnered with one of Ghana’s best IP carriers to reach all of Ghana IP networks directly via Ghana Internet Exchange (GIXA).
We are also able to reach networks in neighbouring countries like Burkina Faso directly via both IPv4 and IPv6.
Our VPS nodes are built with RAID10 SSD for optimum performance.
We are obsessed with optimum performance and have thus carefully engineered all aspects of our Virtual Servers for the best performance.
We manage our own dual-stack multi-homed network with ASN 327813. We maintain multiple transit relationships and peer openly on major internet exchange points in Johannesburg South Africa, Nairobi Kenya and Lagos Nigeria.
We have invested in the best enterprise server hardware and network gear for the very best performance possible for your Virtual Servers. We own and manage all hardware deployed, ourselves.
Self-Managed or Fully Managed
We offer two management options: Self-Managed and Fully Managed. You can either manage your server yourself or pay us a little extra to do the heavy-lifting.
Security is given a very high priority and built into every aspect of our VPS Hosting offers.
All Virtual Servers are automatically activated within a few minutes at most.
You have full control of every aspect of the servers from our Client Area as well as a dedicated panel of our Virtual Server hosting.
We offer 10 IPv6 addresses for all new Virtual Servers in addition to the single IPv4. We can offer more on demand for a small fee.
Full Root / Admin Access
We offer full root access for all Linux virtual servers and full Administrator (plus Remote Desktop Program) access for all Windows servers.
We offer native KVM virtualization with all the stability benefits its offers.
Not only does the technology behind our offering not support this, but we also do not oversell as a matter of principle. Your utmost satisfaction is important to us.
Own Hardware / Network
We own every aspect of the infrastructure for offering Virtual Servers and are not reselling for a 3rd party.
Range of OS
We offer a diverse range of Operating Systems and can offer some more on demand.
There are several benefits to using Web4Africa as your VPS hosting provider in Africa:
- Local server location: By using a VPS Hosting provider in Africa, you can ensure that your website or apps are hosted physically within the continent. This can be beneficial in terms of website performance, as the closer, the server is to your target audience, the faster the website will load. Web4Africa offers VPS from physical locations across Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa.
- Customization and control: VPS hosting from Web4Africa allows for more customization and control than shared hosting, as you have your dedicated resources and the ability to install custom software and applications.
- Scalability: Web4Africa allows you to scale your resources up as needed, so you only pay for the resources you use. This requires a VPS plan upgrade. This makes it a flexible and cost-effective solution for businesses that experience increasing levels of traffic.
- Enhanced security: VPS hosting from Web4Africa provides an added layer of security, as your resources are isolated from other users on the same server. This can be particularly important for businesses handling sensitive data.
- Reliability: VPS hosting is generally more reliable than shared hosting, as you have your dedicated resources and are not affected by the actions of other users on the same server.
- Customer support: Using a VPS hosting provider in Africa, you can benefit from local customer support available during business hours in African countries. This can be particularly helpful if you are located within the continent.
Do you keep a backup of my servers?
Currently, no. We are working on offering this as an optional addon and strongly encourage you to backup your data independently.
Which Operating systems come with the Virtual Server?
We offer server operating systems including CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, and Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
How many IP addresses do I get with my VPS?
By default, we offer 1 IPv4 and 10 IPv6 addresses.
Do you offer IPv6?
Yes we do offer a generous number of IPv6 addresses and can also offer IPv6 subnets on demand for a small fee - where there is a justifiable use for this.
How can I upgrade or downgrade my server plan?
Yes, you can do so from our Client Area. You would need to reboot the server for the new specifications to reflect.
What software can I install on VPS hosting?
We do not limit what can be installed provided they are legal. Any and every form of abusive usage or behaviour are strictly forbidden.