.GH Domain Name Registration
.GH is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the country Ghana.
.GH Registration is Suspended
16th August 2017: Web4Africa is suspending the registration of new .GH Domain Names, effective immediately, until further notice. This is due to logistical difficulties with processing new registrations.
Web4Africa strongly recommends the registration of .AFRICA Domain Names for publishers, e-commerce practitioners and other website owners who wish to target the Republic of Ghana.
Existing domain names registered through Web4Africa would continue to function correctly and where domain registrants wish to renew, renewal would be processed after payment. We are pausing new registrations only.
The .GH domain name extension is increasingly gaining popularity in Ghana,
for Ghanaian websites.
Web4Africa generally offers .gh domains under the following extensions:
- .com.gh domains – for Ghanaian companies
- .org.gh – for Ghanaian non-profit organizations
- .edu.gh – for Ghanaian academic institutions
.com.gh Ghanaian companies
.org.gh Ghanaian Non-Profits
.edu.gh Ghanaian Schools
Terms for .gh domain registrations
- .gh domains are processed manually. Your .gh domain registration could take up to 3 weeks.
- The .gh registry does not offer a public WHOIS server currently. Our domain availability checker only offers the most likely status of the .gh domain you checked for.
- .gh domains are for Ghanaian persons or companies only. If you’re outside Ghana, you must provide an authorization letter on your company letterhead expressly authorizing Web4Africa (Ghana) Ltd to register the .gh domain on your behalf.
- You would provide the correct name servers for the server hosting your .gh domain at the point of registration. Name server updates are done manually and could be charged for.
- Web4Africa cannot offer domain management for .gh domains directly through our control panel. All updates must be requested through a support ticket and could be charged for.