ZACR, the official registry for most South African top-level domains, has reported that over 1 million domains are in their registry currently.
ZACR is responsible for the following South African domain extensions:
- .co.za – generic South African domain extension used by most entities and by far the most popular
- .org.za – intended for non-profit South African organizations
- .capetown – the top-level domain for the City of Cape Town
- .joburg – the top-level domain for the City of Johannesburg
- .durban – the top-level domain for the City of Durban
- .web.za – intended as an alternative to .co.za
- .net.za – intended for network infrastructure in South Africa
The chart below shows the break-down on the extensions under their management:
The total number of domains under ZACR comes to 1,006,806 as of 9am 12th February 2015.
Other South African domains extensions not managed by ZACR include: .law.za, .ac.za, .edu.za, .gov.za
Web4Africa is a ZACR Accredited Domain Registrar and offers .co.za, .org.za, .capetown, .joburg, .durban, .web.za, .net.za domains.